Tuesday 27 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butter V L'Oreal Caresse

So I’m sure most of you have heard of the Revlon Lip Butters. They have been pretty hard to miss, very popular with US beauty bloggers and much anticipated here when it was announced they were to be released in the UK in March!
I was one of the many people eagerly awaiting their arrival to our shores!! However a very similar product seemed to slip the Beauty Bloggers radar until fairly recently, and that’s the L’Oreal Caresse Sheer Lipsticks. Maybe they weren’t advertised as well, I don’t know, but they certainly didn’t have the hype surrounding them like the Lip Butters did!
I have finally got my hands on both and thought I’d compare and give you my opinion on both.



L’Oreal Caresse Sheer Lipstick



I initially picked up the L’Oreal Caresse, purely because it was released first. I love the packaging of these, it’s sleek and stylish, I love the metallic colour on the top of the lid indicating the colour chosen. It’s also transparent, which I think reflects the sheerness of the product itself.
I have the colour ‘Cheeky Magenta’, it’s a beautiful bubblegum, Barbie pink. Although being so sheer it’s not as in your face and over the top as it sounds! These are very moisturising and feel very light on the lips, however being so sheer, a few coats are needed for decent colour pay off! I also found that they don’t have great staying power and easily come off when eating or drinking.

Pros – Packaging, Beautiful Colour, Very Moisturising

Cons – Very Sheer, Couple of coats needed, Easily rubbed off.

Revlon Lip Butter

For something advertised as a ‘lip balm’, these have amazing pigmentation and staying power, lasting on the lips around 4 hours. I have the colour Lollipop which is a hot fuchsia, in certain lights the tiniest flecks of violet glitter can be seen in the bullet but not so much on the lips. This colour would be great for someone who wants to be a bit more adventurous with bright colours without being too over the top! To me this is a muted down, slightly more subtle ‘Girl About Town’ by MAC. It’s not so intense a colour but enough to make a statement.......Can you tell I love it yet??



The packaging on these are quite nice, although not as stylish as the Caresse’s. They have the Revlon quilted effect on the lid which I like but the lid takes up about 90% of the outer packaging, leaving the base of the lipstick very small and hard to get a grip on when trying to take the lid off.

Pros – Beautiful Colour, Great staying power, great pigmentation, Quite moisturising
Cons – Awkward packaging, Not as moisturising as the Caresse

So I love both products, both have pros and cons. However I would say my favourite product are the Revlon Lip Butters, due to the pigmentation, colour and staying power.....I intend on getting more!!

Both are priced at £7.99 and are often 3 for 2 in Boots and Superdrug!!


4 comments:

  1. Great review! Just got a few of those at the week end but haven't had a chance to try them properly yet. I got the same Caresse one as yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're both great, just think the Lip Butter pips it to the post!! xxx

      Delete
  2. There's one of the Caresse lipsticks I really want (can't remember the colour now) but have been hanging on for the lip butters so we'll see! Great post though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have Lovely Rose, its a really pretty colour whe swatched but actually way too pale on the lips! Love Cheeky Magenta though! xx

      Delete