Friday 7 October 2011

My Beautiful Pink Shoes!!!......Have to go!!

Today is a bit of a sad day, It’s the day I’m putting my beautiful pink Gina shoes up for sale on Ebay! I treated myself to these with money I got for my 21st Birthday.



I was working for Aveda in Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge at the time, so my Mum and Auntie met me in London after a shift in December 2003. The day had gone sooooo slowly as I was just super excited about being let loose in the Gina store!

Google Images

Finally 5pm came and we set off for the Sloane Street boutique.  I was totally in love with the store itself, the chandeliers , the beautiful arm chair which I was later to sit on while choosing the perfect shoe for me! The assistant was a real sweetheart, very helpful and friendly and made the experience a fun one!
She asked me what I was looking for, I had no idea really. I knew the shoe would find me, it would stand out a mile saying “Buy Me, I’m beautiful”.....Ok, so the shoe didn’t exactly talk to me but as soon as I saw the stunning magenta satin, bow detailed peep toe, sling back....That was it, I was in LOVE!!



Of course as expected in a designer store, there were no prices to be seen!  So when the sales assistant told me they were £280, I wasn’t overly surprised, in fact for these beautiful works of art I was happy with the price.  They were slightly more than the amount I’d been given for my Birthday, but I’d been working hard as a beauty consultant, I was young, free and single......What better way to spend my money, right??



While working in London, I’d met some great people, had a lot of fun and been to a few clubs, enjoying singledom! Although in this time I’d worn my beautiful hot pink heels only twice. That was 8 years ago. I’ve held on to these shoes for sentimental reasons really, as well as them being the most beautiful pair of shoes I’ve ever owned.  I like to look at them every now and again and think about my glamorous, cosmopolitan life in London!

So I’m now a married Mother of two beautiful children, I feel it’s time some other girlie girl should enjoy these stunners! I hope they go to a good home!

Don’t get me wrong girls, I’m in no rush to give up heels and I fully expect to get a pair of Louboutins for my 30th (next Dec), they’ll just be slightly more practical....err by being black!!

These will be mine!!!!
(Google Images)

Oh and don’t worry you won’t see me caught dead in a pair of Clarkes or Crocs any time soon!!


4 comments:

  1. I hold onto shoes for sentimental values too. There's something about shoes and selling them. It always seems really sad! They're gorgeous though. The Louboutins will be yours ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are stronger than I am. I wouldn't be able to let go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first pair of 'expensive' shoes went on eBay a few weeks ago... not even expensive really, just some Irregualr Choice, but they were the first shoes I'd bought for myself that weren't from New Look or something. I think a pair of Loubs for my 30th is an idea I'm going to steal as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still think you should keep them! x x

    ReplyDelete